Main Street Union and Economic Development Committee’s mission is to enhance the quality of life in Union Oregon by leveraging the community...
Friday, July 31, 2020
Catherine Creek State Park Adopt-A Park Program
Tuesday, July 28, 2020
New Grant Opportunity: Hartbeat of Main
New Grant Opportunity From Main Street America: Supporting Small Businesses in the Next Phase of Reopening
As the economy continues to deal with the effects of COVID-19, we are committed to supporting small businesses as they work to reopen safely. In partnership with The Hartford, we have created a grant program to support brick-and-mortar businesses in commercial districts as they enter the next phases of reopening across the country. The HartBeat of Main Street Grant Program will fund solutions that help small business owners respond and adapt to the COVID-19 pandemic, and also help to revitalize and strengthen older and historic downtown commercial districts. Grants of $5,000 to $15,000 will be awarded on a competitive and first-come, first-served basis. A minimum of 50 percent of grants will benefit diverse-owned businesses, as defined by the Small Business Administration as minority, woman, veteran, disabled, and/or LGBTQ-owned. Grant applicants are not required to be customers of The Hartford. Applications will be weighed and grants awarded without consideration of applicant’s being or not being a present, past, or prospective customer of The Hartford.
Review program Terms and Conditions here. Vea esta página web en español aquí.
What types of businesses are eligible?
Businesses must meet the following criteria to apply:
- The business must be a business entity in good standing in the state in which it was formed and the state in which it does business.
- The applicant’s business has a “brick-and-mortar” location and operates in an older or historic main street, downtown or commercial district in the U.S.
- The applicant’s business employs 20 or fewer full time employees, including the owner.
- The applicant’s business has been in operation since January 1, 2019.
- The applicant is an owner of the business and is 18 years of age or older.
What types of grant expenses are eligible?
Eligible grant expenses include but are not limited to:
- Physical improvements to business space to meet relevant reopening requirements implemented because of COVID-19
- Equipment to comply with public health and safety guidelines (i.e., touchless payment methods, automatic door open sensors, or disposable menus)
- Fees associated with expanding the business to e-commerce sales
- Other professional services, such as business plan modifications
- Rent, payroll, and other operating expenses
Info on National Main Street Center’s website: https://www.mainstreet.org/
New Grant Opportunity From Main Street America: Supporting Small Businesses in the Next Phase of Reopening As the economy continues to deal ...
The Main Street Union & Economic Development Committee is excited to announce that they have been selected to participate in The Oregon ...
Press Release: Union Volunteer Day Saturday April 25th, 2020 Saturday April 25, 2020 is Volunteer Day in Union Oregon. From 9 to no...